At UC San Diego, Procurement & Contracts developed metrics using the Balanced Scorecard approach to manage our organization’s performance. Our metrics are designed to provide a Return-on-Investment (ROI) to our customers and stakeholders. We continuously use data strategically to identify areas for improvement, support decision making, monitor performance, and increase transparency.
Fiscal Year 2013-2014 (Q1-Q4)
- Spend distribution by channel for each quarter based on actual payments.
- XPPS=A&PS batch feed
- IFIS Subs=Subawards issued in IFIS legacy
- EC=Express Card
- MP Subs=Subaward issued in Marketplace, IFIS PO=IFIS legacy
- XHDS=FoodPro batch feed.
Other includes: Express Order (EXPR), Storehouse batch feed (XSTH), Mail Services (XMLS).
Alzheimer's Disease Cooperative Study Batch Feed (XADC) Included in "IFIS Sub" Data.
- Transaction distribution by buying channel for each quarter along with a cumulative average for each channel.
- EC=Express Card
- EO=Express Order
- High Value PO=IFIS legacy (paper purchase orders)
- Benefits across all projects; Includes Revenue, Cost Savings, Cost Avoidance, Cost Reduction.
A&PS/FM, Technology & Customer Solutions, Housing & Dining and Central Procurement: Combines hard and soft dollar cost savings entered into SharePoint Savings Tracker by team as a result of their actions to obtain additional savings for one-off transactions.
- Material Support Services Recharge Revenue and MSS last mile revenue.
- Strategic Sourcing represents savings from system wide and local agreements including patronage.
Total spend by strategically sourced agreement suppliers.
Managed spend occurs when spend is against an agreement supplier or when a professional buyer has reviewed the spend (i.e. high value requisitions or controlled substances, etc.).
This spend is based on actual payments and excludes subawards.
Note: all Housing and Dining spend is considered managed spend.
- Column chart (left axis): Represents TOTAL requisitions processed by professional buyers (including change orders) stacked by IFIS legacy (paper purchase order) and Marketplace orders.
- Line chart (right axis): Represents TOTAL requisition spend by IFIS legacy (paper purchase order) and Marketplace processed by professional buyers
- Amount of time it takes our users to create a PO. Excluding revisions.
- Time is calculated from the time of submission to the time a PO is created.
- Top Chart: Time elapsed between requisition submission and PO creation for orders requiring professional buyer approval. Includes Subawards.
- Bottom Chart: Time elapsed between requisition submission and PO creation for orders NOT requiring professional buyer approval.
- Top Bar: Distribution of Marketplace purchase orders by supplier type.
- Bottom Bar: PO Value distribution of Marketplace purchase orders by supplier type.
- Agreement Supplier
- Internal Partner (Examples of Internal Partners are CORE, STORE, Bookstore)
- Subaward (with & without Indirect Costs)
- Non-Contract Supplier
Identifies top 10 departments by Marketplace PO transactions that make up 53% of the total PO's.
- Identifies the suppliers that make up 57% of Marketplace PO's.
- Agreement Suppliers in Dark Blue
- Internal Partners in Green
Shows spend by major diversity categories. Suppliers may have more than one diversity category and spend is accounted for each category the supplier is represented in.(All channels, Not just Marketplace)
Top account titles by number of PO's generated along with the number of unique suppliers that were issued PO's.
Spend (based on payments) in San Diego County, broken down by large and small business.
- Black Line: Total # of packages received by MSS Trade Street Receiving Department.
- Blue Line: Total # of packages received that were to fulfill Marketplace Orders.
Green Line: Total # of "Last Mile" packages processed by MSS Trade Street Receiving Department. (Packages received from OfficeMax, Fisher Scientific, VWR International delivered to MSS on a pallet)
- Orange Line: Total # of packages "Same Day" packages processed by MSS Trade Street Receiving Department. (All packages from OfficeMax, Fisher Scientific, VWR International sent out for delivery on the same day as received)
Customer responses to surveys generated by the BFSupport tool.